Do you have a background in digitisation and want to take your career to the next level? The current open position with our dSkills@EA project team in Arusha might be the right fit for you. Please find all information below and in this PDF.
Regional Advisor Digital Skills and Employment
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
The project “Digital Skills for an Innovative East African Industry” (dSkills@EA) is currently looking to fill the position of Advisor Digital Skills and Employment. Eligible are citizens from the six East African Community Partner States.
Duty station: Arusha, Tanzania (East African Community)
Terms of the contract: Fixed term contract
The East African Community (EAC) project “Digital Skills for an Innovative East African Industry” (dSkills@EA) continues to support the regional “Centre of Excellence for ICT in East Africa” (CENIT@EA) by further improving the quality and sustainability of the Master Programme “Embedded and Mobile Systems” (MSc EMoS). Furthermore, short course trainings on advanced digital skills for different target groups (unemployed graduates, ICT experts in private and public sector, university staff) are offered throughout the EAC. The trainings compliment the two-years MSc EMoS, offered at CENIT@EA at the Nelson Mandela African Institution for Science and Technology (NM-AIST) in Arusha, Tanzania. Finally, dSkills@EA improves the digital innovation and entrepreneurship capacity of young East African students at universities in the EAC through a regional network of innovation hubs, multi-stakeholder dialogues, and matchmaking mechanisms with companies.
- The advisor is responsible for
- Managing the area of digital skills trainings
- Supporting industry-academia collaboration
- Organizing and implementing national and regional events
- Monitoring & evaluation of the project’s implementation
- Innovation and knowledge transfer within GIZ
1. Digital skills trainings
- Develops in close consultation with the partner and relevant stakeholders a training concept
- Conducts background research and consultations with partners and stakeholders for the design and implementation of training measures to assure a needs-based approach
- Prepares and coordinates the commissioning of consultants for the implementation of trainings
- Monitors the development and implementation of trainings
- Supports the external communication on training measures
2. Industry-Academia collaboration
- Assists the academic consortium of the Centre of Excellence for ICT in East Africa (CENIT@EA) with the involvement of industry in the Master Programme Embedded and Mobile Systems
- Assists in operating and promoting the regional online matchmaking platform “Skillsmatch”
- Supports the external communication of success stories in industry-academia collaboration
3. Regional networking and cooperation
- Supports cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with the key partners of the project
- Supports cooperation and engagement with stakeholders of the project, especially from academia and the industry in the region
4. Knowledge management and M&E
- Ensures knowledge creation and maintenance as well as transfer within the project and to other projects in the EAC Cluster as well as the wider GIZ network
- Conducts the monitoring and evaluation of project activities and results in line with the project’s objectives and indicators
- Prepares appropriate inputs for presentations and contributions to project reports including annual reports, and contributes to other reports required by the Project Director and GIZ Head Office
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- At least a bachelor degree (master degree preferred) in studies such as business, social sciences, capacity building or any other field related to the required tasks
- 5 years professional experience and 3 years in a comparable position in a digitisation related area
- Professional experience in digital skills trainings
- Competency and knowledge in academia and private sector collaboration and engagement
- Professional experience in an international context and with international institutions (experience in development cooperation is a plus)
- Very good working knowledge of standard office IT applications (e.g., MS Office)
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of English
- Excellent conceptual, communication, negotiation and liaison skills, ability to express ideas clearly
- Confident and eloquent in working in an international professional context
- A good knowledge of digitalisation in the field of skills development is an asset
- Strong competency in writing skills for reports and concepts are crucial
- Team player mentality, strong communication skills, intercultural competences, culture-sensitive, professional behaviour, humour
Interested candidates should send their letter of application together with the CV and copies of academic certificates by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use the subject line “Advisor dSkills@EA”.
Applications in hard copy will not be accepted.
Closing date for submission: 22.10.2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GIZ Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all qualified and eligible candidates regardless of their gender, origin, religion/belief, disability, or any other minority group.
Photo: ©GIZ_Roshni Lodhia